The METS system is managed by central equipment comprising of:
- Matrix Conroller Computers: maintain a database of activity, control calls and run automatic system testing.
- Digital Audio Switch Matrix (DASM): performs switching of calls between telephones and answering stations.
- Communications Control Boards: slot into the DASM to interface to answering stations or emergency phone lines.
- Telephone Line Surge Protection Cards
- Dedicated Power Supplies for Audio Matrix, Matrix Controller and Telephone lines
- Transient Protection and Power Distribution Unit
Operator Answering Stations
Sophisticated yet simple 5 inch LCD touchscreen interface. All functions are performed via the touchscreen.
The emergency telephones provide motorists with a means of calling the operator in the control centre. Calls are initiated by lifting the handset on the phone. When the call is answered by the operator, it is only necessary for the caller to speak and listen.
Emergency Phones are available in several options:
- Long pillar
- Short pillar
- Niche mount with handset
- Niche mount – hands free
For more details, please see the details page.